Forms & Permits

This page contains Information about renting the town hall and obtaining building permits and driveway/culvert permits.

Town Hall Rental

The contact person for town hall reservations is Sarah Knaup at (715) 851-1414

Town Hall Rental Guidelines

Building Permits

On January 1, 2001, the Town of Grant began local enforcement of the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code requiring residents to obtain a permit and submit a required fee for the inspection of building related projects.

Local control of building inspection provides many benefits to the township including increased safety of its citizens while preserving the property values and tax base.

Local building permits are obtained from Town of Grant Building Inspector, Paul Hermes.

Projects that require a building permit include:

New home construction
Additions to a home
Remodeling upgrades to the existing structure in excess of $1,000.00
Changes in heating or air conditioning systems
Changes in plumbing systems
Certain outbuildings
Certain projects under the $1,000 limit may also require a permit and inspection

Projects that may not require a building permit include:

Painting and refinishing of interior surfaces
Installation of cabinetry

Residents should always check with the building inspector before starting any building project.

Building Permit Fee Schedule

Driveway and Culvert Permits

Permits are required for the installation of culverts, to establish a new driveway, and for major alterations of an existing driveway. Access driveway and culvert permit application forms must be submitted for approval prior to commencing work on a driveway.

Please contact a town board member or local zoning committee member for additional information. Application forms are available from the following individuals:



Building Inspector




Road Maintenance